Wednesday 21 April 2010

Do you have soul?


What came first, the music or the misery? People worry about kids playing with guns, or watching violent videos, that some sort of culture of violence will take them over. Nobody worries about kids listening to thousands, literally thousands of songs about heartbreak, rejection, pain, misery and loss. Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?


I'm currently re-reading High fidelity for the third time. For anyone who isn't familiar with the book or film adaptation the fundamental story is based on a list of worst breakups by a music obsessed record shop owner. This book makes me want to categorize every aspect of my life into lists of top 5s. everone needs this in their life. beaut.

also John Cusack is seriously hot in the film. ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment